Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Momma Told Me To



I ran out of my favorite perfume sometime last year and chose not to replace it. I was trying to be all minimalist and figured my daily dose of powder fresh Secret deodorant was perfume enough.

Wrong.

I missed my perfume instantly. Few things are more wonderful than a great scent. Tried not to think about it these past few months. I mean, there are bigger problems in the world, I know. Plus, it seemed silly to spend the money.

I've never been loyal to one scent but always loved splurging on perfume every year for my birthday. Well, my birthday is next month, and I was planning to finally buy some Chanel No. 5 to celebrate turning 40. In years past, I've almost bought it several times but instead always opted for something newer, trendier.

When I got home from work today, there was an envelope from my mom with a $100 check in it. She wrote, "Spend this on yourself!" Well, if that's not a sign to buy Chanel, then nothing is.

So, I drove to Macy's, walked right up to the perfume counter and spent $105 on perfume. Yes, it's frivolous, but this powdery scent--the very one Marilyn Monroe wore--is better than clothes or shoes or jewelry any day. I can't stop smelling myself.

Happy early birthday to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment