Monday, September 17, 2012

Pumpkin families

My third pumpkin family--sold!
A couple weeks ago, my friend Tanya sent me a link to some sweater pumpkins she'd found on Pinterest and wrote, "You could totally make these!" Sure. OK!

So, I bought all the orange sweaters at the local thrift store and started sewing pumpkins--lots of them, grouped into families. And every time I post a pic of a pumpkin family on Facebook, my friends want to buy them. Every single pumpkin family member. My guess is that no one wants to break up the family. I don't even get a chance to list them on my Etsy shop. This morning, I shipped my third family--across the country to California--and can't wait to go home and make more.

P.S. That hat box? Found it this weekend at a consignment shop for $3. I love vintage hat boxes, and it's tough to find them in good shape. On the side, someone had written "white petal turban." That sealed the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment